Monday 14 October 2013

Coming out!

The view from here
A friend recently asked me why exactly I keep my location a secret on this blog, and at the very least I could perhaps mention which county I live in.

And I guess she is right.  Herefordshire is quite big, and so I don't think any potential stalker would be able to track me down with that still quite vague bit of information.

So there you have it, I live in Herefordshire - with the cattle, the lovely cider, and the rolling hills.

Tom and I moved here from London exactly ten years ago, and although we have never regretted it, I do sometimes miss city living.

But, it is all go here this week - because we have h.Energy - Sustainable Herefordshire Week - something which I am very proud to be working for.  

There are over 120 events all around the county: open eco homes, community food projects, loads of events for kids, renewable energy advice, pub quizzes, nature walks, a giant water-powered cuckoo clock and lots more!

A friend of mine wrote a great piece about h.Energy for the Guardian this week.

So if you live nearby, do check out some of the events - this week Herefordshire is the place to be!

4 comments:

Sadie said...

I used to be the same, I'd say 'East Anglia', not Suffolk. Then I thought it didn't really matter!

x

nappy valley girl said...

We love Herefordshire - my husband has lots of relatives there including his brother. Keep drinking the cider!

Elsie Button said...

Hi Sadie, ha yes I came to the same conclusion! X

Elsie Button said...

Hi NVG, how funny! - maybe I know him?! X