Monday 2 December 2013

Hands off my phone!

Dolly's Instagram photo
Recently I have been on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster due to family members borrowing my phone. My beloved phone.

First off was Tom who, while eating apple cake and custard the other night, inexplicably asked to look at it.

He never looks at my phone, even when I want him to, so I can only assume that he purposefully borrowed it in order to drop it into his custard (though he claimed later that it was an accident). 

I scooped my terrified phone out of the custard and ran into the bathroom, where I sucked the custard out of the charging sockets and speaker holes – basically performing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.  Fortunately my emergency response was effective and my phone still worked. 

Then the other night it got borrowed again. When I checked my Instagram account the next morning, I noticed a very arty picture of the bedroom that I didn’t remember taking. Intrigued, I scrolled down and there was another picture, this time a nicely-framed shot of Dolly’s rabbit comforter, and I realised who the mystery photographer was. 

Somehow, my four-year-old daughter had taken two photos with my phone and uploaded them to my Instagram account. She’d even added a frame and an effect to one of the photos (above).

The pictures proved to be popular and they gained several likes, and Dolly even netted me a few extra followers too.  No disrespect to Dolly, but it does make one wonder about the judgement of some of my followers...

5 comments:

Expat mum said...

Ha ha. My 18 year old hacked into my blog a few months ago wrote a post - and got more comments and laughs than I ever get.
I'm thinking of having him guest post…..

Elsie Button said...

Hi Expat mum, yes you should! I missed that post, is it still up?

Lucinda Barton said...

haha that made me chuckle! You should get her to start the odd guest posts!

Elsie Button said...

Hi Lucinda, yes I think I will! :)

Sparx said...

That sounds familiar. There are numerous videos of our cat on my youtube account which I keep having to take down... Charlie's worked it all out; I had to give him his own account as he was making inane comments on other youtube videos in my name... Internet security lessons here we are...,