- I think the princess will be wearing pink with lots of pretty flowers around her head
- I think the princess might be orange
- Are we going to the wedding?
- Would I have to wear white when I get married?
- When is Daddy coming back with the Jaffa Cakes?
- Is Westminster Abbey as big as our house?
- I don't like those noisy people with flags
- Is that the princess? [it was Carole Middleton]
- I want to see the princess
- Is that grandma on the telly?
- Queens are not yellow Mummy
- Is the princess arriving in one of those taxis?
- Is the princess on that motorbike?
- I wish I was getting married - I want to marry my sister
- I really want a Jaffa Cake
- Can I marry my Daddy as well?
- And I want to marry you as well Mummy
- What are those yellow things?
- The princess is smiling and beautiful
- I think the princess has got a bouquet of Buttercups
- Is she holding the princess's dress so that it doesn't get dirty?
- Is the prinesss married yet?
- Why does that man keeping talking and ruining it? [the Bishop]
- Is this what happened when you and Daddy got married?
- Will the princess sit down?
- I don't know that song, do you know that song Mummy?
- Who is that man? [Elton John]
- Is the princess's mummy singing?
- Can I have another Jaffa Cake please?
- Do you know mummy, I have been to a church before
- I would now like to go to the palace in my Snow White dress
- Your wedding dress was just like the princess's dress Mummy
- What are they singing now? [her interest now waning]
- Can I have pickled onions for lunch?
- I am going to find Daddy
Friday, 29 April 2011
A wedding commentary
Through the eyes of a four year old:
Posted by Elsie Button at 21:16