While browsing the aisles in Sainsbury's yesterday, I had a little moment of nostalgia. Those days of her being over the moon at receiving a sticker book, or a pot of glitter from a supermarket are long gone. Having said this, I do take heart in the fact that she has requested a couple of surprisingly simple (cheap!) items this year.
Here is Betty's birthday wish list (at the time of going to press, anyway):
- Box of Strawberry Fields Tic Tacs - she can make one box last about two months! Dolly, on the other hand, makes one box last two minutes.
- Disney Princess Belle dress - she requests a Disney Princess dress for every birthday - it's become a Betty tradition.
- Ruby Ducks printed dress - as readers of this blog know, Betty loves her duck, probably even more than she loves us - so for her this dress is PERFECT.
- Ruby Floral printed dress - in fact, the Joules range of girls' dresses is so lovely, she would probably want every single one of them.
- Pink 'grown-up' camera - for the last few months she has been using an old camera of mine, which has a big crack across the screen - but she has demonstrated her love of picture taking, and is actually quite good.
- Disney Beauty and the Beast DVD - I was thrilled to find this in a Charity Shop the other day!
- Gel Pens - the girl is obsessed with gel pens.
- iPad - jeez.
- Tube of Jelly Beans - that's more like it.
- Book about astronomy and space - after all the girly, pink, princess requests, she threw us a curve ball with this one!