Tuesday 19 July 2011

Progress reports

One goes in...

'Dolly has started here without any problems, she has settled in very well and is quite easy going. She needs a little support at circle time and lunch time as she does like to be on the go. She is confident with staff.'

And one comes out...

'Betty is a very confident, capable and independent child.  I feel sure she has enjoyed her time here, just as much as we have enjoyed having her.  She is now ready to move on to 'big school'.  I am sure she will do very well.  We will all miss her'. 

And while I held the two progress reports in my hand and sobbed pathetically, Tom was strutting around punching the air, with his chest puffed out, thrilled at these particular lines:

'Dolly has helped in the garden, weeding and composting'.

'Betty loves being out in the garden and making sure we do the composting'.

10 comments:

sadie said...

aww! Lovely!
I feel a smidge emotional this week. gorgeous girly breaks up on Friday, and in September will be Year 1, not reception. That makes me feel sad,she's growing up so quickly.

She had a good report too. Long may it last!

xx

Elsie Button said...

Hi Sadie, time goes scarily fast - it's such a cliche but it is so so true! x

Nel said...

Betty is my kind of girl!

We have just had Moving Up Day, where the kids all go for an hour to their new class. So nursery to reception for us. My voice wobbled little when I shouted 'cheerio, have fun' as he legged it down the hall away from me. Goodness knows what I will be like when its for real!

Elsie Button said...

Hi Nel, totally with you on that one! i will be an emotional wreck!

solveig said...

Well done Betty and Dolly!

Freyja has her last day in reception tomorrow and I feel quite emotional too. She seems a bit sad as well, which makes me even more tearful.

Elsie Button said...

hi solveig, i know! it's their sadness which really gets to you isn't it!

Irene said...

Now moms, pull yourselves together. These are just little steps in their growing up process. This is no time to get emotional. Chins up, stiff upper lips.

Elsie Button said...

Hi Nora, wow gorgeous new pic on yor blog!

Unknown said...

Hehe... Would your green fingered children like to come and see to my garden? ;o)

And yay on such fab reports!! :)

Elsie Button said...

Hi Emma, Dolly's report implied to me, that she doesn't do as she is told - but they were being very diplomatic about it!!